welcome

Welcome to my "meet the artist" blog; designed to couple with website AnOriginalHitt Latest In The News: Plein Air Magazine Outdoor Painter Featured Artwork You may become 'a follower' for updates. Questions? orighitt@gmail.com
May it be an UP day! k

Friday, August 14, 2015

Part III: How To's of Plein Air Painters Paradise

 "Painter's Paradise" Part III: You be the Judge... who knew how much life would change... 
Part III: I will get into a few more of my favorite things that make my work easier and what I have learned with all these miles traveled, from personal experience, friends, peers, muses... along the way.  There are a LOT of great resources out there. These shares,  are but a few of the possibilities.  Learning more everyday. My List:
1. Rosemary & Co. Brushes.
see last post (Post II) for more on each brush loved

2. Guerrilla Brush carrier
3. Strada Easel
4. M. Graham Walnut Seed Oil Paints
5. Shade Buddy Umbrella
6. Tripod
7. Car Window Shade Screen
8. Back Pack
(misc. bungy cords, clamps, etc.)
9.Bug & Sun Stuff
10. Sunscreen Shirts
11. Smart Wool Socks
(Out Door Studio)
12.Screened Gazebo
13. stool
14. Easel ( for larger panels)
15. Stan Rite Portable Easel
16. outdoor mat
17. portable Table
18. Raymar Panel Carrier
19, Revelite EL light

# 2, 3, 6 & 7 are the focus of today's post.  We are getting ready to head into nomads land of CO/Wyoming in the Routt National Forest area on our #USAHoneymoon.

Because Bryan Mark Taylor the genius and talent behind my favorite Plein Air Easel is running a little contest, thought I would focus on that today too.   Plein Air Magazine, Bob Bahr for Outdoor Painter helped me out with a share too, on how I use a car sunshade to protect my eyes from glare when a umbrella is not feasible.  SO honored by Bob taking my mistake and making it look good:
 Plein Air Magazine, Outdoor Painter: Painter Hack ( click on the link to the article)

My favorite plein air easels, are made by the same company.  Strada Easel.  I have the original, and the mini.  Hope to win a micro, Bryans newest addition to his genius line of easel.  These easels are both light weight and literally indestructible!  I have taken them around the USA, several times and stuck them on rocks, in rivers, sand storms, winds... (no snow yet) a little bit of everything.  He even has an extension so you can add larger panels.  Here is Bryans Facebook post on his latest contest:   
"One of our STRADA easels recently made a trip to one of the most remote places on earth, Easter Island! Where has your STRADA been?
Use ‪#‎stradaworldwide‬ in your post on Face book and we'll enter you to WIN a STRADA MICRO!
‪#‎stradaeasel‬ ‪#‎travel‬ ‪#‎aroundtheworld‬  " A link to Strada Face book Page: Strada Easel

this my first beloved 1/2 french easel
original Strada in La Conner Washington
This picture shows me at my first beloved easel.  Though I loved it, you can see that making it tall enough was a technicality for me. Most locations it was fine... though now that i have a higher one, it has really helped!  Second picture is the my first time using a Strada Easel, the Original.
painting at the "Angel Tree" in Charleston SC.  Notice the height of my Mini Strada


#2 and 6 on list

#1 and #2
Here are two essentials every time I go out, my brush caddy that I ordered from Judsons Ooutfitters, my new tripod, the lighter version, with my heavyweight head from my original tripod inserted.  Click on any picture to enlarge. 




here i used my original Strada, in my on the road studio set up as my paint palette. 

















THIS IS A QUICK POST ... literally at a pull out on Rabbit Ears Pass moving the house... I will be back.  Go to face book and post your pictures with your Strada Easel and enter to win a micro! 
1. Rosemary & Co. Brushes
2. Guerrilla Brush carrier
3. Strada Easel
4. M. Graham Walnut Seed Oil Paints
5. Shade Buddy Umbrella
6. Tripod
7. Car Window Shade Screen
8. Back Pack
(misc. bungy cords, clamps, etc.)
9.Bug & Sun Stuff
10. Sunscreen Shirts
11. Smart Wool Socks
(Out Door Studio)
12.Screened Gazebo
13. stool
14. Easel ( for larger panels)
15. Stan Rite Portable Easel
16. outdoor mat
17. portable Table
18. Raymar Panel Carrier
19, Revelite EL light
Speaking of Back To School, here is my list 
Workshop & Classes to date.  
This too will be updated by part III.  Until our next!

No comments: